Welcome to my bio page. Here's a little bit about me, Elaine Rose.
First of all, just call me Lannie, that's easier.
(Pronounced like Annie with an L in front.)
I'm single, no kids, one calico kitty. I'm a ballroom
dancer. Also a writer at a small technical marketing firm,
since my dancing isn't nearly good enough to pay the mortgage
on my nice big house in northern San Jose, California.
I used to be bothered that I was so tall,
all six feet of me, but now I just think of
myself as a Super Model. (If you're hiring..!!)
God bless Brooke Shields, another six foot tall beauty!
I'm not a person with great plans and aspirations. Right now I
am thrilled and joyous simply living and working, sharing time
with friends, and dancing. But here are some things I think I'd
like to do some day (beside making great new friends):
1. Cruise through the Panama Canal.
2. Take an Alaskan cruise. (I like cruises! I've been in the
Carribean a couple of times already.)
3. Vacation in the rain forest in Costa Rica.
4. Watch a complete Ring cycle (not necessarily in Bayreuth,
but why not?)--or at least, Lohengrin. (I recently got to see
The Flying Dutchman; that's a start!)
5. Tour Italy.
6. Summer on the French Riviera. (Somebody put that thought in
my head, and it sure sounds nice!)
7. [I'll add more to this list as things occur to me..]
Intersting, all my goals seem to involve travel. And I didn't think
I even like traveling. Maybe I just need the right companion...
When I go out dancing at the clubs, I like techno (house, happy hardcore, trance) and disco. But when I want to put on some music at home, here are some of my favorite CD's-
* The Beatles - Let It Be
* Chicago III
* Crosby, Stills & Nash - Daylight Again
* Grateful Dead - American Beauty
* Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead
* Robbie Fulks - Let's Kill Saturday Night
* Peter Gabriel - So
* Nanci Griffith - Lone Star State of Mind
* Kenny Loggins - High Adventure
* Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
* The Presidents of the United States of America
* Ocean, Raindrops ambiet sounds
..and some "Greatest Hits" CD's, I'm afraid:
* Todd Rungren
* The Monkees (you have to be of a certain age..)
* Harry Nilsson
* Hall and Oates
Some of my favorite movies of all time are-
* Down With Love
* Big Fish
* Edward Scissorhands
* Against All Odds
* Romeo and Juliet (Zeffirelli and Baz versions)
* Cable Guy
* Hitchcock - just about everything, but let's call out Notorious and To Catch A Thief
How about some favorite books?
* A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
* Forrest Gump by Winston Groom
* The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald
* Little Big Man by Thomas Berger
* The entire "Prey" series by John Sanford
* Necromancer (and everything else) by William Gibson
* Live Robots (and everything else) by Rudy Rucker
* A Brief History of Time by Stephen W. Hawking
* True Selves: Understanding Transsexualism by Mildred L. Brown and Chloe Ann Rounsley
* How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World by Harry Browne
* Handbook to Higher Consciousness by Ken Keyes
...and my recently read and highly recomended list:
* The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
* A Woman Like That: Lesbian and Bisexul Writers Tell Their Coming Out Stories edited by Joan Larkin
* The New Nuclear Danger by Helen Caldicott
* World on Fire by Michael Brownstein
* Wealth and Democracy by Kevin Philips
* Media Control by Noam Chomsky
* Shrub : The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush by Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose
* No Island of Sanity by Vincent Bugliosi ("the Bug")
* The Essential Crazy Wisdom by Wes "Scoop" Nisker
* The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
* A Course in Miracles (by Jesus?)
As you can probably tell from my reading list, my politics are
extremely liberal -- populist, progressive. Howard Dean is too conservative
for me, I'm a Kucinich woman!
What else do I want from life? I don't have a long term plan
just now. I am having a wonderful time enjoying myself day by day,
and I'll be happy if that keeps up for a while.
If you'd like to say hello or maybe get together for coffee or
something, please e-mail me at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to exchange pix, and if
you don't shed a tear at the end of the movie Edward
Scissorhands, then we may not have much in common ..
.. .. ..
Copyright Elaine Rose 2005
Please do not use the images on my web page for commercial purposes.
If you'd like to use them for non-commercial purposes,
please drop me a line and let me know.